Mental Health and wellbeing is an important community health and education issue. There are a wide range of mental health resources that can be accessed in the bush. Many areas of the country will have a community health centre which provides a range of health services to the local community. Listed here are a range of the services that can also be accessed online and over the phone.
A wide number of community and media agencies recognise that everyone can play a role in the positive mental health and wellbeing of their family and community. The Land’s Glove Box Guide to Mental Health is an an excellent example.
NSW school students also have access their school counsellor and to the SchoolLink and MindMatters programs.
- beyondblue: the national depression initiative
- Black Dog Institute
- Children of Parents with a Mental Illness (COPMI)
- SANE Australia
- Australian Drug Foundation
- Living is for Everyone (LIFE) Suicide Prevention in Australia
- Carers NSW
- The Salvation Army
- Reach Out Australia
- Kids Helpline
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- The Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
- Parentline – 1300 1300 52 (NSW)
- Mensline – 1300 78 99 78
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Information Service – 1800 422 599
- The Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
- Carer Line – 1800 242 636
- Salvo Care Line – 1300 36 36 22 (Regional NSW)
- Kid’s Helpline – 1800 55 1800