Our rural communities stretch from the coast, across the mountains and way out along the plains and further west.
Conference date and venue
- When: 7th – 8th September 2017
- Where: Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
- Celebrate innovative strategies that:
- ensure every student is engaged at school and actively learning
- enable students and staff to flourish through change
- build shared responsibility and vision with stakeholders on how to enhance student capacity to live healthy, productive and fulfilling lives.
- Align new strategies and existing practice against key initiatives such as: The Rural and Remote Education Blueprint; Local Schools, Local Decisions; Great Teaching, Inspired Learning; and Connected Communities.
- Build stronger interest based professional networks and community partnerships that deliver better outcomes for students.
Conference focus areas
- Resilience and
The Rural and Remote Education Conference is hosted by the NSW Department of Education. The conference organising committee reflects the diversity of our rural communities with representatives from schools across the State, Aurora College, PPA, SPC, rural based Operational Directorates as well as Learning and Teaching Directorate.