Table of contents
There are a range of research and development organisations around the world that are focusing on the Accessible Electronic Media / materials.
3D printing and tactual graphics
- Create braille tags with 3D printer.
- Exciting Developments in Uses of 3D Printing in Education
- 3D Printing Industry (Education)
- 3D Printers in the Classroom
- 3D printers in schools: uses in the curriculum
- 3D printing in schools: The next industrial revolution? The-next-industrial-revolution
- Horizon Report
- Examples of 3D Printing Design & Modeling Software
National Centre for Accessible Educational Materials
The National Centre for Accessible Educational Materials is a U.S. based Accessible educational materials, or AEM, are print- and technology-based educational materials, including printed and electronic textbooks and related core materials that are designed or converted in a way that makes them usable across the widest range of student variability regardless of format (print, digital, graphical, audio, video). IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) specifically focuses on accessible formats of print educational materials. Learn about a four-step decision making process for teams to determine the needs of students with print disabilities and make appropriate suggestions regarding selection, acquisition, and use of AEM.