Table of contents
The Question matrix is a graphic organiser on which question headings are captured. Students can use the matrix to target their questions or the teacher can use questions on the matrix to direct students thinking.
What aspects of learning are being supported?
- Bloom’s Taxonomy: remembering, understanding, applying, analysing, evaluating, creating
- QT – Intellectual Quality: Deep Knowledge, Deep Understanding, Higher-Order Thinking, Metalanguage, Substantive Communication
- QT – Quality Learning Environment: Explicit Quality Criteria, Engagement, High Expectations, Social Support, Students Self-Regulation, Student Direction
Which apps could I use?
- DEC managed collaborative tools (via Portal): Google Docs, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Connect.
- Related collaborative tools: Evernote, iCloud, BaiBoard, Note Anytime, Web2Access, Cool Tools for Schools, and Exploratree.
- Analogue collaborative tools: Paper, pens and Postit notes.
|Which is/are?||Who is/are?||Why is/are?||How is/are?|
|Who did/do/does?||Why did/do/does?||How did/do/does?|
|Possibility||What can?||Where/when can?||Which can?||Who can?||Why can?||How can?|
|Who would/could?||Why would/could?||How would/could?|
|Prediction||What will?||Where/when will?||Which will?||Who will?||Why will?||How will?|
|Imagination||What might?||Where/when might?||Which might?||Who might?||Why might?||How might?|