Table of contents
- 1 Department of Education news
- 2 DE School News
- 3 DE Collegial Network news
- 4 Twitterspheric professional learning
- 5 Subscribe
Department of Education news
Primary Schools – DART Connections Event
An invitation for primary schools to connect to the Ben Hall event, streamed live via You Tube Live, from Canowindra December 19.
The hosts are year 6 students from Canowindra Public School.
- Four short films made by local schools that retell 4 legendary events attributed to the Ben Hall gang
- Retold with humour
- These films will be anchored by the students in a form of daytime TV 1860’s style
- Complete with a one man bush band.
Registrations via the DARTConnections link at the bottom of the poster.
DE School News
In this edition of the NSWSOL Newsletter you will read articles related to:
- Principal’s message
- Principal Network Awards 2018
- Francis Selby Hall Dedication
- Student Awards
- National Young Leaders Day
- Language Perfect, and
- Language specific information
In the SCSODE Student Newsletter you will read items, including:
- From the Principal’s Desk
- Primary News
- TAS News – Secondary Students, and
- School/Community News
DE Collegial Network news
English DE Collegial Network update
The DE English network met on Thursday, 29 November at Sydney DEHS and discussed the following agenda items:
- Stage 3/4 Project
- School Progress Reports – HSC for each course: Studies, Standard , Advanced Extension 1, Extension 2
- Final program
- Craft of Writing – discussion/clarification
- sharing by school’s
- HSC discussion continued
- Evaluation of Year 11 courses, and
- English Network Planning for 2019
- For further information please contact Leanne Wynne, Head Teacher Dubbo SODE, on 5804 7000.
DE Collegial Network Details and Contacts
There are twenty one DE Network networks in operation across the state.
Please contact the network coordinator if you are interested in more information.
Twitterspheric professional learning
Twitter is a quick and easy tool for participating in and/ or building a Professional Learning Network. To learn more about using Twitter for professional learning, download the The Global Digital Citizen Foundation’s Twitter-Tastic Teacher’s Guide. Below are some of Twitter feeds we hope you find worthwhile! Why not tweet us about what other networks you would like us to highlight!
International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL)
Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership
International Society for Technology in Education
Universal design for Learning
Common Sense Education
Don’t miss out (or be delayed) in receiving the latest news. Just enter your email address and click on the subscribe button on the front of our site. Our newsletter is spam free email and you can opt out any time.