Table of contents
“Begin with the end in mind.” – Stephen Covey
AADES Webinar: Literacy is Everyone’s Business
The next AADES webinar to place in your calendars will be hosted by Capricornia School of Distance Education.
The webinar will explain how CSoDE has embedded a whole school literacy approach by upskilling staff and supervisors (P-12). Aligning with their school priority, ‘How do we successfully lift student literacy capabilities to meet or exceed year level expectations?’
Tune in at the time below for valuable insights that may be applied to your school context.
Literacy Coaches: Renai McClean and Stephanie Neil Date Thursday 24th May Time NSW 1.00pm Webinar Link
For more information please contact, Daniel Rattigan, Deputy Principal, Sydney DEHS, on 93830304.
DE Symposium Details
Date: Thursday 9 and Friday 10 August
Venue: Rydges World Square, Sydney
Audience: Distance Education and Access Program Schools – Executive and teachers P-12
Symposium Structure: There will be three elements to this year’s symposium, consisting of:
- Two keynote speakers (Kelly-Anne Denton and Dr Gerard Goggin)
- 24 Workshops and presentations
- 18 collegial network sessions
- Registration process
- Support from schools for a video that showcases an initiative
- Collegial Network and workshop session details
Please contact any member of the planning team for more information.
- Kym Knight – DE Symposium Planning Coordinator, RDE State Office, 02 6334 8074
- Sharon Hodgson – DE Symposium Planning Coordinator, Southern Cross SODE, 66810300
- Jenny Ballhausen – Dubbo SODE, 02 5804 7000
- Daniel Elvy – NSW School of Languages, 02 9381 4800
- Sueanne Matthews – KDEC, 02 6210 5200
- Crystal Stanford – Peak Hill Central School, 02 6869 1304
- Martin Dickens – RDE State Office, 02 6334 8184
Learning Innovation at SCSODE
Last year the SCSoDE Learning Innovation team, in collaboration with DART unit, developed some learning resources (Virtual Excursion) on Lake Mungo. The Lake Mungo videos are live on YouTube under learning systems in the following playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4OaBCdO34bBYSBxtnR1OtKWwcQC2bnFv
These resources are particularly suitable for Geography, History, Science and Aboriginal Studies. Other subject areas may also find these useful.
For more information please contact Sharon Hodgson, Deputy Principal at Southern Cross SODE, 66810300
DE Collegial Network News
PDHPE Collegial Network News
A short network meeting was held last Thursday to confirm the direction they are taking with the development of new and revised resources to support new cuirriculum ooutcomes. These resources will be shared and made available for the distance education schools.
For more information, please contact Richard Mills, coordinator DE Collegial Network and Head Teacher PDHPE Southern Cross SODE, on 66810300.
English DE Collegial Network News
The English DE Collegial Network members are an active and engaged network of teachers working collaboratively on the development of learning materials that are shared across the DE schools. At their last meeting they discussed where they were up to in regards to the writing and implementation of stage six learning materials, the revised scope and sequence for courses and intended adjustments to the options. In addition they shared the work and activities within their ownn schools.
For more informationn please contact Leanne Wynne, Network Coordinator, on 02 5804 7000.
DEVAN (Visual Arts Network)
The DEVAN network has been working successfully since the 1990’s with well organised systems and processesfor networking, collegial support and resource sharing. The latest meeting iof the network covered topics including:
- DEVAN conference items
- DE Symposium Network Session activities
- Focus Statement for the network,
- Progress of DEVAN resources and collaboration
- Draft Syllabus 7-10 Review and comments, and
- New Collaborative initiatives for 2018
For more informationn please contact Tamara Lawry, Network Coordinator, on 02 5804 7000.