Table of contents
- 1 DE School News
- 2 DE Network News
- 3 DoE Curriculum News
- 4 Twitterspheric professional learning
- 5 Subscribe
“Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.” – William Yeats
DE School News
In this edition of Sydney Distance Education High School newsletter you will read interesting and informative articles, such as:
- Girl’s Workshop
- Learning Hubs
- Email from past student, and
- Mentoring program
On Wednesday 15 March through to 17 March the Distance Education school principals, Deputy and Assistant principals along with the Rural and Distance Education (RDE), Distance and Rural Technology (DART) teams met for their first face to face meeting of the year. Many topics were discussed, shared and celebrated including:
- Rports from each of the schools, RDE and DART
- Update on SALM, Millenium and School moves
- Overview on Complaints Handling
- Teacher Accreditation – support for teachers, and
- Projects in Schools presentation
Evening meals were enjoyed at two of the local restaurants and a tour of Bathurst’s “hot spots” was conducted by Mike Tom, Leader RDE.
Staff Wellbing is a priority at Southern Cross School Distance Education
One of the staff wellbeing initiatives at Sourthern Cross School Distance Education is the publication of a monthly staff wellbeing newsletter. The Staff Wellbeing newsletter, March issue is full of interesting articles and tips for wellbeing.
For more information please contact Greg Armstrong, relieving Principal, on 66810300.
Herer is the first newsletter from NSW School of Languages. Read the newsletter and also check out their new website http://www.nswschoollang.schools.nsw.edu.au/ and like their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/nswschooloflanguages/
DE Network News
DE Preschool meeting
The first meeting of the term for the DE Preschool teachers from Broken Hill SOTA and Dubbo SODE with John Brotchie Nursery is being conducted by VC on 4 April. Kath Wetenhall, Early Learning Advisor, will host the meeting and faciklitate the following agenda items:
- meeting the newest members of our network
- re-visit the goals that were developed at the end of last year for 2017
- discuss the networks priorities and what we have been working towards, and
- begin future planning for 2017 and beyond.
Music DE Collegial Network
A Video Conference meeting is planned for the DE Music Collegiate on Tuesday, 21 March at midday.
Agenda Items will include:
- Music DE Collegiate Conference dates,
- Professional Development focusing on Djembe – practical playing techniques and African Rhythms with Zambian Tom Mwanza as our special guest.
For more information please contact network coordinator Sharon Mwanza at Southern Cross K-12 School, Distance Education on 02 66810442.
DoE Curriculum News
Proferssional development opportunities for Music Education
A list of professional development opportunities for Music teachers can be read here.
Twitter is a quick and easy tool for participating in and/ or building a Professional Learning Network. To learn more about using twitter for professional learning, download the The Global Digital Citizen Foundation’s Twitter-Tastic Teacher’s Guide. Below are some of Twitter feeds we hope you find worthwhile! Why not tweet us about what other networks you would like us to highlight!