Most people know that the iPad has a microphone and video camera. But did you know it has a digital compass, assisted GPS, accelerometer, ambient light sensor and a gyroscope. But if you want more there is a wide range of educational peripherals available. Here are a few sources for you.
- Seven Hidden Features of the iPad Camera Connection Kit
- Appcessories.info – short sharp reviews of app+accessory combo products – with an education verdict
- Sparkvue scientific sensors
- Accessibility solutions – Apple’s own list of some suggested apps and hardware.
- FLPR Universal Remote lets you use your iOS device to take control of the electronic devices in your home. Flip through channels, power up the surround sound system, turn up the volume, dim the lights and close the blinds. FLPR eliminates that cluttered mess of remotes on the coffee table.
- ProScope allows viewing of live video and captures stills on up to 253 devices simultaneously via Wi-Fi. Amazingly, the ProScope Mobile creates its own Wi-Fi network. Use it in the field, in the classroom,or lab. It is available with lenses from 0-10X, 30X, 50X, 100X, 200X, 400X.