Our sites support the work of NSW Department of Education and Communities schools in rural and remote areas as well as those schools providing distance education. In particular it supports such initiatives as:
- The Rural and Remote Education Blueprint for Action
- A More Connected Future for Distance Education
Where do I find things?
RDE NSW provides:
- General information, news, curriculum resources and professional development
- Archives of the key resources that were developed by NSW teachers and Country Areas Program consultants.
Going Mobile blog provides:
- Information on utilising iOS based devices to transform learning.
- IT management strategies supporting the use of mobile devices in a BYOD learning environment
Learning Experience Design blog provides:
- Information on understanding why learners act in certain ways when interacting with technology.
- Design strategies to build and sustain engagement of learners using the digital resources you create.
This site strives to ensure that the site and its’ content is available to the widest possible audience, including readers using assistive technology or accessibility features. By working towards achieving these guidelines for accessible web design, we acknowledge the diversity of communication methods, available technologies and abilities of web-users in the community. The Department of Education and Community strives to maintain conformance to W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
This site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. However, this permission does not extend to copyright in the materials on this website that are owned by others.