Our sites support the work of NSW Department of Education Public Schools in rural and remote areas as well as those schools providing distance education. In particular it supports such initiatives as:
- The Rural and Remote Education Blueprint for Action
- A More Connected Future for Distance Education
Where do I find things?
RDE NSW provides:
- General information, news, curriculum resources and professional development
- DE Newsletter and DE Collegial Networks
- Archives of the key resources that were developed by NSW teachers and Country Areas Program consultants.
Learning Experience Design blog provides:
- Information on understanding why learners act in certain ways when interacting with technology.
- Design strategies to build and sustain engagement of learners using the digital resources you create.
Outreach blog provides:
- Information for engaging young people with complex educational support needs in distance education
- Resources to implement strategies to build collaborative partnerships to engagin young people with complex educational support needs in distance education
This site strives to ensure that the site and its’ content is available to the widest possible audience, including readers using assistive technology or accessibility features. By working towards achieving these guidelines for accessible web design, we acknowledge the diversity of communication methods, available technologies and abilities of web-users in the community. The Department of Education and Community strives to maintain conformance to W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
This site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. However, this permission does not extend to copyright in the materials on this website that are owned by others.